Why it Works
Calorie Restriction works differently from any other low calorie or anti aging diet. Calorie Restriction, The CR Way, focuses on optimal health and longevity. Anyone can create a low calorie recipe. But The CR Way focuses on food choices that change how your cells communicate. While every CR Way recipe is delicious, it also is meant to emphasize slowing the rate at which cells divide – ultimately slowing growth.
At the recent Calorie Restriction Society Conference in Las Vegas, CR Way president, Paul McGlothin presented The CR Way for customizing a low calorie, anti aging diet that really works for longevity.
This slide provides background for down-regulating growth as an underlying biological theme for a longevity diet. This CR Way approach is exemplified by a question from one of our members at a recent teleconference – Would egg whites be a good snack? The answer basically boils down to One size does not fit all.
If your IGF-I /growth hormone pathway is low (determined by blood test), then it could be an excellent choice (try it with paprika and other tasty spices, so you really enjoy it). On the other hand, if your IGF-I is higher than normal, making egg whites a regular snack might not be a good idea.
Once CR Way members begin to apply this approach to an anti aging diet, they often experience extraordinary benefits:
• Easy maintenance of a healthful weight – and weight loss, if needed
• Lower body fat – reducing risk of disease
• Protection from cardiovascular disease
• Lower blood pressure – both systolic and diastolic
• Lower LDL Cholesterol and triglycerides
• Less plaque formation and reversal of plaque accumulation
• Protection against cancer
• Protection from diabetes and reduction of diabetes severity
• Less inflammation
• Reduced severity of autoimmune diseases
• Improved cognitive functions: better memory, improved learning skills
• More effective DNA repair and maintenance
• More energy!